The near-two a.m. postPosted: October 22, 2012
Around midnight tonight my kids discovered we had no hot water and, finally, around 2 am, I think I solved the problem. This, of course, involved me setting off the alarm system, having to clean out the storage room and studying YouTube videos to figure out all possible causes and solutions.
I couldn’t tell you what I did to make it work – I tried everything – but a few minutes ago the water, I swear to God, felt warmer. Fingers crossed.
Now, of course, I’m wide awake. Here are a few things I’ve learned on the Internet while trying to become sleepy:
2. The New York Times app makes you pay for some articles but those same stories can be accessed off its website, for free.
3. Like this one, on Romney’s language choices, like “gosh,” “smitten” and “H-E-double hockey sticks.” Seriously, who the fuck talks like that?
4. There’s no shortage of really odd people in the world. Like this one who breast feeds her dog.
5. That I really don’t give a shit about LiLo, Britney Spears or any of the Kardashians.
6. Spent some time now “hiding” or “unsubscribing” posts from some of my Facebook friends. I mean, really, how many inspirational quotes, “click like if you’re against (fill in the blank)” posts or photos of cute cats do I have to be subjected to? (And, yes, I’m aware that I post stuff too, but this isn’t about me).
I didn’t really learn anything by doing this but it sure felt good.
7. And, finally, politics is truly never boring. Currently there are three Grit leadership races, three by-elections, one prorogation and another one rumored to come soon.
There’s a court decision about to be handed down that is likely bad news for the federal Tories. Serious allegations being made against a former Liberal MP, another former NDP MP in Israeli custody and a current Conservative minister accused of overspending by Elections Canada.