The New YearPosted: December 31, 2012
For the second year in a row, we’re bringing in the New Year in my hometown of Vancouver. It’s been quite a year. Here’s hoping for a quieter 2013.
I’m not a big resolution maker (or keeper) but here’s a few:
1. Go to the gym more. Okay, just go to the gym, period. As I’m reminded with alarming frequency these days, I’m not as young as I used to be.
2. Stop eating like a teenager. My sister asked me yesterday if I had a hollow leg. My goal: eat better. Chocolate is not a meal and breakfast is important.
3. Buy fewer shoes. I’ve accumulated five pairs while visiting the West Coast, but they were on sale. So, that’s okay, right?
4. Write a book. This has been a resolution for a number of years – this year I’m doing it. Maybe I’ll reward myself with shoes.
5. Worry less. (Never happen but it’s always on the list).
Happy New year to all of you!